2017 J.J. PEARCE PACESETTER HOLIDAY BAZAAR
Saturday October 28, 2017
Sunday October 29, 2017
Online Application and payment has ended.
There may be booths available, please contact:
2017 Vendor Chair
Pacesetter Holiday Bazaar
Cell: 214-802-2009 Kate Swiney
PLEASE READ CONTRACT BELOW
J.J. Pearce High School
1600 N. Coit Road
Richardson, Texas 75080
The J.J. Pearce High School Pacesetter Drill Team thanks you for your interest in this year’s Holiday Bazaar. We are very excited and look forward to another successful event. Last year’s Bazaar was once again well attended with over 7,000 customers and more than 200 vendors, artists and exhibitors featured from all over Texas, Oklahoma, and many other regions. We invite you to apply to become one of the vendors for the 2017 Holiday Bazaar scheduled for Saturday, October 28 and Sunday October 29. We hope you will share in making the Pacesetters Holiday Bazaar a success again this year.
Vendor space is limited in each category of merchandise to ensure a variety for our customers and allow our vendors to maximize profits. For this reason, the Holiday Bazaar is a “juried show.” Vendors are selected based on the following criteria (which will be factored, but will not guarantee selection): 1) Quality of merchandise; 2) Uniqueness of merchandise and attractiveness of booth space; 3) Past participation, which includes attitude and respect toward the Pacesetters, volunteers, the Booster Club organization and fellow vendors.
The Vendor Application (with pricing information), Rules and Regulations, and Release of Claims are below.
You may choose to apply online and pay with a credit card. This is the preferred method of application and payment. Vendors apply and pay with a credit card online will receive an email receipt. Please review receipt for accuracy.
Checks (made out to Pacesetter Booster Club) will be accepted by mail with a signed contract attached. See red button below to print a mail in application.
Current photographs of your merchandise and booth display must accompany your application for consideration. You may also submit samples of the merchandise you plan to sell, which is optional and not required, yet would be helpful to our selection process. We reserve the right to accept all or part of your merchandise for sale at the Bazaar. All samples and photographs should be properly labeled with the name of your company. It is important to note photographs and samples will not be returned. The samples will be donated to the Raffle which takes place at the Bazaar. Donated items for the Raffle are greatly appreciated!
In addition, in order to be compliant with the State of Texas in selling items at the Pacesetter Bazaar, each Vendor must submit a copy of their Sales Tax Permit or Tax ID Number with their Vendor Contract. Acceptance will not be awarded if the permit, tax id number, or sufficient documentation is not included ( i.e. application for permit or exceptions allowed by the Comptrollers office.) Your Permit/Tax ID Number will be kept in our Vendor files and will also need to be readily available at your booth during Bazaar hours. Details on obtaining a Sales Tax Permit can be found at www.state.tx.us/taxpermit/.
Booth sizes are approximately 10’ wide and 8’ deep and are offered as singles or additional booths (up to two additional booths). Due to our school’s layout, some spaces may vary slightly in dimensions, but will contain approximately 80 square feet of area. This year we will reconfigure booth space in the cafeteria, and add another hallway for better traffic flow.
For an additional charge, electricity and tables can be supplied to the booths. These added items are in limited supply, so please indicate on your application if you will need these items.
Applications are due August 1, 2017 along with a deposit in the full amount for your total booth costs. Any applications made after August 1 but before September 1 are subject to a mandatory $25 late application fee, after September 1 applications are subject to a mandatory $50 late application fee. We encourage you to submit your application with the appropriate materials as soon as possible, as the date of receipt could be a factor in your selection. We will commence the jury process shortly after the deadline and advise Vendors of selection by September 1, 2017. Credit card payments will be refunded by check from the Pacesetter Booster Club within 30 days of the selection date (or application date if after September 1) if the Vendor is NOT selected during the process. Check payments will be shredded (not returned as in years past) to those Vendors NOT selected during the process. Please note that if you are selected, your payment is non-refundable.
If you have any questions about the application process or the Holiday Bazaar, please feel free to contact us via email, as email is the preferred form of communication. However, my cell is also listed below if needed.
Thank you for your support of the J.J. Pearce Pacesetters!
2017 Vendor Chair
Pacesetter Holiday Bazaar
Cell: 214-802-2009 Kate Swiney
2017 PACESETTER HOLIDAY BAZAAR
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR VENDORS
BAZAAR DATES AND HOURS
Saturday, October 28, 2017,9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 29, 2017, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, October 27 Check in 5:30pm-7:00pm, setup continues until 10:00pm
Saturday, October 28 7:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, October 29 9:00am - 7:00pm
BOOTHS AND DISPLAYS
1. Single booth size is approximately 10’ wide by 8’ deep. The height limit of 6’ has been set by both the Dallas and Richardson Fire Departments. Three-sided displays are preferred.
2. The Pacesetter Booster Club will have final approval on all booth sizes, quality and appropriateness of merchandise and displays. a.) Do not bring items considered to be in bad taste. b.) The sale of knock-off items is prohibited c.) The burning of incense or candles is not permitted.
3. The Pacesetter Booster Club will provide electricity, tables and chairs, if requested on the Contract.
4. The Pacesetter Booster Club does not have price limits on your work. You are solely responsible for pricing your inventory.
5. No deliveries will be accepted.
CHECK-IN, SET-UP, AND CLOSING PROCEDURES
1. For Friday, October 27, 2017: Vendors check-in from 5:30 -7:00 p.m. at the Senior Way entrance on the north side of the building or at the theatre entrance off Melrose Dr.
You will be notified of your booth number& its location prior to your arrival Friday so you can plan which entrance is most convenient for you to use. All accepted Vendors can check in at either entrance.
DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 4:30 p.m. SCHOOL IS IN SESSION UNTIL THEN. THE STUDENTS NEED TO GET OFF THE PREMISES. Please do not attempt to move in sooner as the custodians must have time to clean the building before we can open for Bazaar set up. Very Important: If you choose to break this rule, you will be asked to leave the premises with no refund.
2. Vendors must be present Friday 5:30-7:00 p.m. October 27, 2017 for check-in and set-up, or have called and made arrangements with the Vendor Chair prior to Friday. If Vendors are not present or have not made prior arrangements with the Vendor Chair, the Vendor Chair will assign their space for the show to wait-listed applicants. Booth fees will not be returned.
3. All set-ups must be completed by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.
4. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CARRYING YOUR OWN MATERIAL (s) into and out of the building.
5. No decals, stickers or permanent tape of any kind may be placed on windows, walls or doors, or any other surface of the school building.
6. It is mandatory to move your vehicles once you have unloaded, and park in the Southeast and Northeast parking lots designated for Vendors. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING ON THE FRONT PROPERTY OF THE SCHOOL.
**IMPORTANT** - DUE TO SCHOOL REGULATIONS: School dismisses at 4:30 p.m. so please do not come until after 4:30 p.m.
• VENDORS MUST VACATE THE BUILDING BY 10:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
• YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE BUILDING PRIOR TO 5:30 P.M. ON FRIDAY OR 7:00 A.M. ON SATURDAY AND 9:00 A.M. ON SUNDAY.
• NOTE THAT THE BAZAAR CLOSE TIME WILL BE 5:00 PM ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
• YOU MUST VACATE THE BUILDING NO LATER THAN 7:00 P.M. ON SUNDAY - NO EXCEPTIONS! VERY IMPORTANT: THERE WILL BE A $10.00 FINE FOR EVERY 15 MINUTES AFTER 7:00 P.M.
SALES TAX PERMIT
1. The State of Texas requires a Sales Tax Permit or Tax ID Number for ALL Vendors.
2. Each Vendor is solely responsible for any and all taxes from your sales whether Federal, State or Municipal. You are solely responsible for payment of the same.
3. The Pacesetter Booster Club requires you to provide a copy of your Sales Tax Permit or Tax ID Number for our records. If not provided, appropriate disclosure for omission must be stated and accepted. If you are a Vendor that qualifies for the occasional sales tax exemption (only participates in the Pacesetter Bazaar), please indicate such. Direct Sales Vendors will need to confirm how their sales tax is handled. Additional information or further clarification can be found at www.state.tx.us/taxpermit/.
1. Neither the Pacesetter Booster Club nor J.J. Pearce High School assumes responsibility or liability for loss, damage or breakage of property exhibited by the Vendor.
2. No insurance of any kind will be furnished for the Vendor.
3. Security personnel will be provided October 27, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. until Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
4. Richardson Police will be notified of the dates and times of the Bazaar and requested to add extra patrols to the area.
The Pacesetter Booster Club has planned an extensive publicity campaign utilizing our easily identifiable “Gingerbread Man” signage. We will launch a social media campaign using our web page to promote the Bazaar. Ads will be placed in area newspapers and signs will be posted in local business windows. Fliers will be sent to feeder schools, church bulletin boards, homeowner groups and distributed at football games, meetings and teacher groups. Additionally, where allowed by law, signs will also be posted at nearby major local street intersections in Richardson and Dallas. We will also provide you with a copy of our flier for you to distribute to your mailing list and/or customers.
1. Each Vendor is responsible for his/her own money, cash box and sales receipts. The Pacesetter Booster Club will not provide that service. We (and the food service at “The Cafe” and “Raffle”) will not provide change to Vendors.
2. No one other than the Pacesetter Booster Club is allowed to sell food for consumption, on the premises. This will be strictly enforced.
3. The Pacesetter Bazaar will apply for a temporary food permit with The City of Richardson for all food and beverage Vendors. Please complete your Vendor Contract explaining in detail the food and beverage items that will need to be covered under this temporary permit. These details will be conveyed to the City of Richardson. Food and beverage Vendors do not need to apply for their own individual permit.
4. Vendors are not be allowed to sublease any part of their booths.
5. Vendors must be in attendance at their booth at all times during the show. Members of the Pacesetter organization are unable to assist you in operating your booth.
6. No Vendor may dismantle their inventory prior to the closing of the show. Any Vendor doing so will not be returning to the Bazaar in the future.
7. No smoking or tobacco is permitted on the J.J. Pearce High School campus at any time.
8. Vendors must demonstrate appropriate attitude and decorum at all times. Respect for Pacesetters, volunteers, booster club and fellow vendors.
9. There will be no baby-sitting service. Please have someone available to watch your children at all times, including set-up and take-down.
10. Neither the Pacesetter Booster Club nor J.J. Pearce High School has any responsibility for loss, damage, theft or breakage to property exhibited by the vendor. No insurance of any kind will be furnished for the Vendor.
11. Vendors are responsible for any damage to school property resulting from their own negligence.
12. Once a Vendor is accepted to participate in the Pacesetter Bazaar, all fees then become non-refundable!
13. No “knock-offs” or “counterfeit” items are permitted to be sold.
14. The Chairs of the Pacesetter Holiday Bazaar reserve the right to enforce and/or interpret the Rules and Regulations as final judgment, without exception.
THIS CONTRACT IS NOT EFFECTIVE UNTIL ACCEPTED BY THE PACESETTER BOOSTER CLUB. ACCEPTANCE OF ANY TENDERED CONTRACT IS WITHIN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE PACESETTER BOOSTER CLUB. IF THIS CONTRACT IS NOT ACCEPTED, YOUR FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
RELEASE OF CLAIMS
Exhibitor/Vendor hereby waives and releases the Pacesetter Booster Club and J.J. Pearce High School from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, causes of action, suits, judgments, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees but not limited to) arising from injury to any person or damage to or theft, destruction, loss, or loss of use of any property or inconvenience to Exhibitor, or Exhibitor’s employees, agents and contractors, and arising from attendance at the Pacesetter Bazaar, for whatever reason other than the intentional misconduct of the Pacesetter Booster Club. Furthermore, Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend and hold the Pacesetter Booster Club and J.J. Pearce High School harmless from any claims brought against either or both of them hereby waived and released.
**YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING FORM HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND PAYMENT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED**